One-Day Fiction Book SaleMay 11, 2013 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Kingston Symphony Warehouse
785 Sir John A. MacDonald Blvd., Unit 7A
(The turn off is located between Princess St. and John Counter Blvd. on Sir John A. MacDonald Blvd.)
New! One-Day Fiction Sale
Many hardcovers, paperbacks, trade paperbacks, and pocket books to choose from. Get your summer reading!
Please hold any non-fiction donations until further notice. There will be a collection period for these items soon. Check this page again for updates.
Donation Days for Fiction Sale Only
May 4 | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
May 6 to May 9 | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Last chance to donate on May 9 | 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
The annual Kingston Symphony Book Fair, to be held in the Fall, is one of the top 5 used book sales in Canada, and is a fundraising event of the Volunteer Committee of the Kingston Symphony Association.
For more information, please email the Book Fair Committee or call 613-546-9729.
To request a reminder for the NEXT SALE click here.
To receive a reminder about DONATION DAYS, click here.
To change your contact information click here.
To volunteer click here.
Please contact us if you have need to dispose of a library due to a move out of Kingston, or dispersal of an estate.
WHAT TO DONATE:
- Fiction Paperbacks & Pocket Books
- Fiction Hardcovers, complete with their inscriptions & dust jackets
What NOT to donate:
- Books damaged by fire, water, or insects
- Books missing covers and/or pages
- Text Books
- Harlequin, Silhouette, etc.
- Readers' Digest Condensed Books
- National Geographic or other magazines
- Musty, mildewed, or moldy books
What to do with items we don't accept:
- Encyclopedia, textbooks, damaged books: Tear off cover and put pages with their binding into your paper recycling, covers into the garbage.
- Magazines, National Geographics: Recycle, bring to your doctor's or dentist's office if they keep magazines in the waiting room.
- Harlequin or similar "dollar" romances: Donate to the Salvation Army, Bibles for Missions, Value Village or other charity shops.
- Musty, mouldy books: Dispose of in garbage as these are a serious health hazard.
How to PACK & STORE books:
- Limit the size of boxes to what you can comfortably lift;
- Place books flat in clean cardboard boxes;
- Fill in open spaces with compressed paper (this enables safer stacking of boxes);
- Close or cover boxes to protect from dust;
- OFF of concrete floors (carpet is no protection against damp);
- inside a warm, dry room.